Not long ago, the entire House of Healing Board of Directors gathered at the House in Guatemala for a series of meetings, celebrations, and times of giving thanks to God.
- We praised God for our faithful donors who enabled us to pay off our mortgage and move ahead with renovations and additions.
- We praised God for the people who’ve stayed at the House while serving Guatemalan brothers and sisters.
- We praised God for the Hospitality Team that we were able to honor at a special meal while we were there.
- We praised God as we visited many of our friends in their homes and projects that have been completed.
- We praised God for those who have received care at the medical clinic and will continue to do so.
And all that just scratches the surface!
As you may have guessed by now, gratitude stood out to me as a major theme of our visit. Of course there was the obvious, gratitude on the part of the people we’re privileged to serve. There was something else, however, and that was my own deep gratefulness at the thought of being used by God to accomplish something meaningful and profound.
It brings Scripture alive in me:
Come and see what God has done, the amazing things he has done for people. (Psalm 66:5. NCV)
I invite you to do that. Pray for, support, and even come to the House. You just might experience this:
Take a good look at God’s wonders— they’ll take your breath away. (Psalm 66:5, TMSG)
The House of Healing: changing the world, one life at a time.